Grey Projects welcomes international applicants to apply for our residency programme. Each residency period runs for a minimum of 4 weeks. We are looking to support artists, curators, critics, and other participants in the visual arts, but applicants from other fields (such as dance, literature, and design) are also welcome.
Please note that this residency does not culminate in an exhibition or any similar event. Presentation opportunities are independently determined with the resident after his/her arrival.
Accommodation & Amenities
The residency room is furnished with a single bed, table, chair and a wardrobe. It has an attached bathroom, wifi-access and air-conditioning. Additionally,
We’re located in Tiong Bahru – Singapore’s oldest housing estate that’s also known today for its cafés, design studios, independent bookstores, Streamline Moderne architecture, and its art community.
Please email residencies(at)greyprojects.org to enquire about available dates before submitting your application. To apply, please send to residencies(at)greyprojects.org:
- A CV (2 pages max)
- 8–10 images of recent work in a PDF file of under 5MB
- For writers/curators, please submit 8–10 images of recent work/exhibition in a PDF file of under 5MB, and/OR 2−3 writing samples.
- A residency project/research proposal
- Supporting material: sketches, drawings, links to video clips, or any other supporting documents for the proposal are welcomed, but not mandatory.
- The proposal with supporting material should be submitted in a PDF file of under 5Mb, and should not exceed 3 pages.