Artists who are interested in using our studio space are invited to apply for our Studio Programme. Successful applicants will be supported for up to 2 – 3 months, and are eligible to apply for a one-time extension (subject to availability).
The programme may result in presentation opportunities such as an open studio, talks and workshop, or exhibition in our gallery space – programmes will be discussed at the beginning of the residency.
The studio is modest (measures 3 x 3.65m), but comes with internet service, electricity, and expansive windows that let in a great deal of natural light. It is furnished with a table and a chair. In addition to the studio space, the artist-in-Residence will also have access to our library/workspace.
We ask for a modest fee of SGD300/month, which does not cover the costs of running the space, but helps with miscellaneous expenses.
Slots available in 2017:
- 22 June – 22 July (Deadline 10 June)
- 27 July – 26 August (Deadline 20 June)
- 31 August – 30 September (Deadline 20 July)
Please note that our Studio Residency is only open to Singaporeans and Permanent Residents. Interested applicants, please send to nicole(at)greyprojects.org:
- A CV (2 pages max)
- 8–10 images of recent work in a PDF file of under 5MB
- A brief proposal of studio use
- Sketches, drawings, video clips, or any other supporting documents for the proposal are welcomed, but not mandatory. The proposal with supporting material should be submitted in a PDF file of under 5Mb, and should not exceed 3 pages.
For information on all of our residency programmes, click here.
Studio Space at Grey Projects